Sunday, December 2, 2007

Tom got his eye vision restored after a lasik surgery in India.

Hello again to all online readers,
Its Aussie here again in the previous experience story of Peter I had shown a flash back how he got rid of his hair problem after a hair transplant in India. I got curious about knowing more about the health care and medical services going on in India, so I started searching for more people who could tell me about there experiences in India until I met
Tom Bros from U.S.A (texas) who took a lasik surgery in India in the year 2006. It so happened that I went on a 20 day's holiday package tour last year and I got a chance to get around austin city with my tour collegues, there we planned to view a play named "nutcracker" at Paramount theatre.Nutcracker was a classic Christmas play about a girl named Clara who is given a Nutcracker doll by her uncle at night the toys come to life. The play was about to start after an hour at 6'0'Clock evening so we went to a coffee shop in the premises of the theatre to enjoy some snacks and there I had a chat with my holiday tour friends, our guide also accompanied us and he was none other than Tom. I asked him"buddy since how much time are you in this job of holiday tour guide?" Tom said" since two years but I believe it firmly that countries in Asia have more worth seeing places and a person like me can earn more in this profession if I work there as more people from europe are interested in places like India for a vacation.
I questioned Tom again" how can you say that?" Tom replied "last year I got a chance to visit India during a lasik surgery procedure as I was not preferring to use eye glasses any more and there I also went on a vacation trip to a wild life park in the central Indian region and there I saw the joy and contentment on the faces of people who came to India from abroad, Tom continued "I had joined the job of a holiday vacation guide two years before but it seemed that the eye glasses that I had put on my face due to shortsighteness was not working well to impress customers and I also appeared more in age though I am just 27 so I thought of getting a surgery to get freed from eye glasses. My friends told me that good medical solutions are available at Atlanta city so I approached there to a surgeon and he told me to get a lasik surgery after having taken all the medical tests, the doctor told me that "wave front laser" procedure would be suitable for curing both the eyes but I hesitated to proceed because I was told a medical cost of 1350$ U.S and at that period I was running shortage of funds as I was not able to do well in my job to get an increment in the payment package so I decided to wait for some months. I returned back and narrated all that had happened to my friends and they told me to search for a solution outside the country somewhere in Asia as the cost of surgery was more in Europe too."
Tom kept on narrating"I started searching in medical weekly journals, health magazines and Internet too, finally I caught a view of some medical tourism companies who were arranging surgeries at the hospitals of India at affordable and less price options. I clicked on a website of Indian Healthguru and found the profile of the company to be a suitable one . I submitted my query for a lasik surgery and the people of the medical tourism company gave me an immediate response with a follow up call on phone. I was told by them that the treatment could be arranged at the affliated hospitals of India with all the required health facilities and the price quote for the surgery was just 650$ U.S unbelievable! it was, I obtained my medical visa under the guidance of the medical tourism company and it made all the arrangements of the travel and I came to India after two weeks of having a registration at an hospital of bombay city, The associates of the tourism company picked me at the airport and made arrangements of lodging in a cosy and comfortable guest house situated in the premises of the hospital itself so I had no problem. I had a meeting with the Indian eye surgeon in my room at evening and He told me that I will have to stay for six days, Investigations are done on the first day, surgery on the second day, follow up check up on the third day and again on the sixth day. My treatment started on the second day of the medical trip I was treated with a laser machine for an hour and the surgery was declared to be complete by the doctors. After having stayed for six days I went on a holiday vacation package to a wild life national park in the central indian region offered by the medical company and there I saw a large number of tourists coming from the west, on having a talk with them the people told that India is rich in flora and fauna and the best appealing spot for health after enjoying a five day trip I came back to states but my meeting with the Indian surgeons and the people of the medical tourism company was memorable to me as all of them had been quite helpful and hospitable to me and by their efforts I got back a healthy eye sight and now I am working and earning well in my job."
By the time tom finished telling his story the play had begun so we rushed to the theatre hall quickly and enjoyed our evening.

2 comments:

SK said...

lasik surgery is an importan weapn to get rid of your glasses. And countries like India are leading from the front in providing cheap and quality medical procedures for such surgeries.

Healthtec Software said...

This is a great advancement in medical science.Lasik is supposed to be very good...hearing too much about it.Love this post.

EMR